03 May 2020

Featured Artist: May 2020

The May edition of pcPolyzine features Fernanda Elizabeth!

Fernanda Elizabeth is 29 years old and lives in Ecuador. She has a small jewelry company featuring pieces made from cold porcelain and polymer clay.

We wanted to learn more about Fernanda Elizabeth and here's what she shared with us:

pcPolyzine: How did you get into polymer clay?
Fernanda Elizabeth: From a very small age, I liked jewelry. Although I liked the pieces I used to buy, I was more attracted to the idea of making my own pieces.

 
pcPolyzine: How long have you been working with polymer clay?
Fernanda Elizabeth: I've been working with polymer caly for 6 years.

pcPolyzine: How do you come up with an idea for a projectdo you plan it or just start working?
Fernanda Elizabeth: To carry out a project, I am inspired by the flowers and the compositions that I can make with them and begin to elaborate them.

pcPolyzine: What's your favorite piece or project you've made in polymer clay?
Fernanda Elizabeth: I really like all my works.

pcPolyzine: Does your work have a theme or message?
Fernanda Elizabeth: All my work is related to flowers.

pcPolyzine: What are your favorite (or most important) tools you use when working with clay?
Fernanda Elizabeth: My favorite tools are plastic modeling tools and dough cutters. I ususally make most of it by hand without the tools, though.

pcPolyzine: Do you have any advice for new artists to polymer clay?
Fernanda Elizabeth: My advice to new artists is to continue your work. There will be times when it may not be recognized, but for an artist, time and work is the most important thing.

pcPolyzine: Fernanda Elizabeth, your jewelry is gorgeous and we are excited to share it with the pcPolyzine community. Thank you for taking time to share with us!

To connect with Fernanda Elizabeth and see more of her work, check her out on Facebook.

No comments: