The days are getting shorter and the nights are getting colder. Fall is here! Warm up with these cute marbled votive candle holders.
What you’ll need:
- 2 parts orange clay
- 2 parts yellow clay
- 1 part red clay
- Leaf-shaped cutter (or real leaf)
- Votive candle
- Toothpick or other detailing tool
- Pasta machine or roller
1. Condition the orange, yellow, and red clays either by hand or in your pasta machine.
2. Take all three conditioned clays and marble them together—stop when you like the marbled pattern.
3. Roll the marbled clay out on the number 3 setting of your pasta machine or use your roller and make the clay approximately 2 mm thick.
4. Using your leaf-shaped cutter, place it on the clay and cut out the shape. Alternatively, you can gently press a real leaf into your clay and use a craft knife to cut around the edges.
6. Using your flexible blade, gently remove the leaf from your work surface.
7. Place the votive candle in the center of the leaf and mold your clay around the votive in the design you like. Note: you may want to add some cornstarch or other material to help release the clay from the votive.
The inspiration for this tutorial can be found at Practically Functional.