02 July 2021

Featured Artist: July 2021

 The July edition of pcPolyzine features polymer clay artist, Iryna Limanska!


Iryna Limanska is an artist who enjoys working with polymer clay, metals, and precious stones. If you are looking for an exclusive thing or jewelry, then her designs are for you!

We wanted to learn more about Iryna and here's what she shared with us:

pcPolyzine: How did you get into polymer clay?
Iryna: All my life I dreamed of creating beauty! I needed money during my maternity leave, so I combined my life with polymer clay.

pcPolyzine: How long have you been working with polymer clay?
Iryna: I have been working with polymer clay for 10 years and I am a master—an artist of unique jewelry!

pcPolyzine: What inspires you to create pieces in polymer clay?
Iryna: I am inspired by nature, Renaissance architecture, unique Rococo style, and my dear daughter Olga.  
 
pcPolyzine: What's your favorite piece or project you've made in polymer clay?
Iryna:  My favorite project is a Peacock art necklace in rococo style. It is now owned by a beautiful German woman. My second favorite project is a Female amulet—an amulet for pregnant women. It has a very deep meaning.

pcPolyzine: Does your work have a theme or message?
Iryna:  When I create work, I attach great importance. After all, every plant or animal symbolizes something, and stones can be a wonderful talisman because they have healing properties.

pcPolyzine: What are your favorite (or most important) tools you use when working with clay?
Iryna: I use the usual tools of a sculptor in my work.

pcPolyzine: Do you have any advice for new artists to polymer clay?
Iryna: If you want to work with polymer clay, I advise you to watch master classes. Don't be afraid to experiment! If the result is not what you expected, do not worry, try again! Only those who do nothing are mistaken!

pcPolyzine: Any final thoughts for our readers?
Iryna: Be bold in your desires to differ from others. Create your own style! And always believe in yourself!

pcPolyzine: Iryna, your jewelry is gorgeous. We are excited to share your work with the pcPolyzine community. Thank you for taking time to share with us!

To connect with Iryna and see more of her work, check her out on Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, and through her Etsy store


No comments: