This month, we'll show you how to make this easy checkerboard slab that's perfect for any project!
This easy-to-make checkerboard slab can be created using any colors you choose and it's perfect for jewelry or any other polymer clay project.
What you'll need:
- Clay machine
- Tissue blade (the rigid one)
- Ruler (or other measuring tool such as the Marxit)
- 1/4 pack navy clay
- 1/4 pack peacock pearl clay
- 1/4 pack 18k gold clay
- Acrylic roller
1. Condition all colors of clay with your clay machine. Choose which thickness you prefer—we used the second thickest setting on the machine.
2. Using your ruler or other guide, clean the edges of your conditioned clay so all the edges are straight (this could be in a square or rectangle shape).
7. Repeat this process with all colors until you have run out of clay.
11. Cut the first strip from the bottom of the slab at the score mark and then place it at the top of your clay slab. Be sure to shift your clay to one side so that the colors don't match up.