It's already March and St. Patrick's day will be here before we know it. Follow this easy tutorial to make four-leaf clover earrings and make sure you don't get pinched this year!
What you’ll need:
- 1/2 pack of green clay
- Approx. 3" x 3" piece of green foil
- Small heart-shaped cutter
- Tissue blade (flexible)
- Pasta machine
- Needle point tool
- Fish hook ear wires x2
- Split jump rings x2
- Jewelry pliers
1. Condition 1/2 pack of green clay until soft and roll out sheet of green clay on the #2 pasta machine setting.
2. Place clay on work surface and lightly arrange the foil sheet on top (covering all or most of the clay).
3. Firmly rub the entire area of the foil onto the clay—don't push so hard to distort the clay sheet, but enough to adhere the foil to the clay. Friction and heat are key to making the foil stick.
7. Gently use the flexible tissue blade to release the hearts from the work surface, if needed.
8. Clean up any rough edges on the hearts with a smoothing tool or your finger.
9. Gently, but firmly, press the bottoms (pointed end) of the hearts together—4 per clover. Note: this may take some creativity to adjust them properly to create the clover. Be sure to blend the clay some on the back of each clover to help the hearts stick together.
11. Once all 4 hearts (leaves) are attached and positioned, place both clovers on a baking surface.
12. Bake at 275 F for approximately 20 minutes.
13. When done and cooled, you can embellish your clovers in any way you choose—beads, glitter, rhinestones, etc.—I only used foil on mine.
14. Apply your preferred varnish to seal everything and make the clovers shine.
The original tutorial for these earrings can be found at Makin's Clay blog.
Post a Comment