01 September 2020

Letter from the Editor: September 2020

As I am finding more time to play with clay and attend virtual classes these days, I have been really enjoying experimenting with liquid clay.

Although I knew liquid clay was a thing, I hadn't really worked with it until recently. I signed up for a virtual class jointly presented by Sculpey and Michael's. During the class, the instructor shared a few techniques and variations to making jewelry out of liquid clay. Like many of us who are stuck in the house these days do, I quickly jumped online and purchased the mold and a few bottles of liquid clay. The possibilities are endless and I've been creating ever since!

For those of you who may be interested in watching (or re-watching) the tutorial, here's the video! And, for the icing on the cakeSculpey is having a 20% off sale through September on liquid clays and molds. 

Throughout this week, I'll be finishing up my "inchies" for the Tallahassee Polymer Clay Art Guild's Clay-bor Day Retreat swap while working on incorporating liquid clay into various projects.

Continue to be safe and keep clay-ing!

No comments: