This month, we'll show you how to make this beautiful swirly clay slab that's perfect for jewelry or any project you can imagine!
This easy-to-make swirly slab can be created using any colors you choose. We used Premo Ultramarine, Premo Souffle Jade, and Premo Translucent.
What you'll need:
- Clay machine
- Tissue blade (the rigid one)
- Metal flake (color of your choice)
- 1/2 pack ultramarine clay
- 1/2 pack jade clay
- 1 pack translucent (1/2 for the slab & 1/2 for the backing)
- Acrylic roller
- Pearl powder
- Translucent Liquid Clay
1. Condition all colors of clay with your clay machine (keep 1/2 of the translucent pack aside for the backing in step 18). Choose which thickness you prefer—we used the second thickest setting on the machine.
2. Cut each conditioned piece of clay to roughly the same size and shape.
6. Dust this layer of clay with your choice of pearl powder.
7. Add another thin layer of translucent liquid clay on top of the pearl powder.